The OBNHCA mission is work on behalf of its members to:
- Raise the professionalism and commitment to the Braiding & Natural Hair Care industry.
- Protect the interests of Braiders & Natural Hair stylists and promote them as independent entrepreneurs
- Nurture the leadership capacity of women involved in the trade.
- Give the industry a voice on a local and regional stage.
The OBNHCA immediate objectives on behalf of its members are to:
- Help ensure that individuals advertising and/or providing Hair Braiding services in Oklahoma hold an Hair Braiding Technicain or Cosmetologist license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering.
- Provide appropriate professional development to members.
With the OBNHCA behind you, your voice and concerns will be heard.